Tuesday, June 16, 2009

And take a breath......

We just had one of those weekends that you don't really look forward to, just because it is packed to the max with things that need to be done and events. I was at the church all night Friday with my poor hubby home with the kids alone. To surprise me he cleaned all the bathrooms, moped the kitchen floor, and cleaned the downstairs. (It amazes me that what takes me a day to accomplish with the kids tagging along behind me he can accomplish in an hour.) I was at the church preparing for a Ward Activity that we then had to cook food for and attend Saturday morning. That wiped out the whole morning, and I then had to leave Jared with the kids (again!) to go help with a wedding reception in the early evening. I could tell the kids were getting tired of all the running around because when I got home Saturday Bryce looked at me and started to whimper. It was if he was saying, "Mom! Stop leaving me!" He practically jumped into my arms, layed on my shoulder, and continually patted my back.

On Sunday Jared's parents spoke in their ward so we attended church in Colfax and then had a family dinner at their house. The kids loved every second of it. Hope was holding pictures up in the pews to show her Grandma (up on the stand). Bryce got so excited he refused to take a nap, which is always fun. For me it was bitter/sweet to spend the day with family. I enjoy visiting and watching the kids make memories and strengthen relationships with family members. But my exhaustion and frustration with a lack of scheduled naps and eating times was starting to come out by the end of the day. (I have a hard time just sitting down and relaxing) Linda caught some cute pictures of the kids outside. The weather was gorgeously comfortable for a June day, and we thoroughly enjoyed being able to eat and play outside.

Needless to say, I was pretty exhausted by Monday. I had big plans of tackling all the laundry and cleaning the upstairs, but I ended up getting about half the laundry done and nothing else. :) Oh well. It's not going anywhere......

Bryce, Savannah & Hope (Forman cousins)

1 comment:

The Baldree Family said...

You are doing an amazing job Sarah!!! Like you said, the laundry will still be there. You amaze me with all you do with the kids- hang in there! Hopefully they are back to some real naps this week.
Love you!
Rachel