Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The things our Hopie says........

I have to start writing down some of the things our sweet, precious Hope says. She is so innocent, and pure, and the things that come out of her mouth often keep us laughing. Here are a few quotes from the last few days:

Last Sunday at church: I was asked before Sacramento meeting to give the opening prayer. Just as the opening song began Hope urged that she had to use the potty so she and I raced to the bathroom, then raced back to drop Hope back off at our seats with Jared. The music ended just as I got Hope back to our seats and as silence fills the room and I am halfway up the podium I hear, "Daddy! I went pee pee in the potty!" I had to smile as she didn't know any better.

Saturday at Firestone Tires with Daddy: They are waiting in line and in walks a man with long hair, tatoos, and dark sunglasses. Hope says loudly, "Daddy! There's a bad man! He's a bad man!" ---can you imagine Jared's face?!?---

Monday morning as Mommy was still in need of a shower by lunchtime: Hope ran up the stairs and into my room as I was trying to send an email and tackle laundry at the same time. Hope says, "Mommy! Mommy! Hopie and Mommy need makeup!" Mommy says, "No I don't. I think I look great." Hope replies, "No. You don't." ----I had the best laugh over that one----

Tuesday morning as Mommy has both Hope and Bryce at the Pediatric Dentist for Bryce's first visit and teeth cleaning: To the dental hygenist and the Dentist Hope sat by Mommy and said repeatedly, "Doctor, he no like that. He no like that Doctor. Doctor, he no like that."

You have to know how animated and heartfelt Hope is, not to mention hear her voice, to really get the full effect as she just lights up our world. As we still are fairly new parents every month seems to bring new learning and stages. This one with Hope is pretty cute. She soaks up things like a sponge, and then surprises me with all that she understands and can process. Little kids make the world a better, sweeter place.

2 comments:

katie said...

I love all these quotes by Hope. It's so fun when they start to talk a lot and say such funny things.

I just happened upon your blog through someone else's. So glad to be back in touch a little bit. Congrats on the upcoming boy! I hope you are managing all right! Miss visiting you...

The Baldree Family said...

Hilarious! You told me about these today but I had to go on and read them for myself. That is so funny! Lots of love for our little Hopey!