Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tidbits from our last week…..

Monday, February 1- Sunday, February 7, 2010

IMG_2161

IMG_2159

IMG_2164

One day this last week I just was having a difficult time emotionally. So I did something awful. It was probably only 8:30 am, and to note I was the person who said I’d never use TV as a babysitter. I put the kids at the table with a chocolate pudding, turned on Word World (I feel a little less guilty with it being a show on KVIE) and headed upstairs with the baby. Here is the worst part. I was upstairs doing things as fast as I could and I forgot about the kids! I left an 18 month old at the table with chocolate pudding and didn’t even think to check on him!  The pictures don’t really do the mess justice, but it was all over his hands, arms, and shirt, as well as face. Well, it must not have been too bad of a thing to do because I was able to clean everything up and he came upstairs to me a happy boy!

IMG_2187IMG_2189On Saturday we got up and for once did not do our Saturday morning chores so we could do a family outing. Family outings where we all go somewhere together (excluding Grandparents houses) are very rare. The last one we did was in June. Outings with really young kids are for brave people, we think. :)  We took advantage of California Museum day and visited the Train Museum in Old Sacramento for free. They must have the stores laid out strategically there, because this massive candy store was just across the street from the front entrance of the museum. We saw big trains, let the kids pick out some candy, and were delighted with the three kids good spirits and success of the trip. (it must have been the candy)

IMG_2190Rachel and Savannah stopped by last night to bring us some unbelievable oatmeal chocolate cookies. Savannah is so cute. Our kids love Christian, Rachel and Savannah and are so excited that they live so close now. Hope kept grabbing Vanna’s hand and walking with her all around. And for the very keen eyes who notice something different about Jared…..he has lost 25 pounds in the last few months. He’s a fit Daddy!

IMG_2192

IMG_2194   And does it get better than Chef Hopie wearing her princess gown under her apron? We made chocolate pies in her kitchen this afternoon. She was a crack up. I can tell she cooks like Mommy, with food and things all over the counter! She gave me her hat and said, “Mommy! Be careful. Don’t burn yourself on the chef’s hat!” I wish I could remember all the funny things she says. She constantly asks me my favorite color and no matter what color I respond with she says, “Oh, yuck. That is not your favorite color Mommy, your favorite color is red!” On Sunday she brought home four hearts all glued together . The first one said, “Heavenly Father and Jesus love me”. The second heart said, “I love Mommy.” The third heart said, “Ethan”. And the fourth heart said, “Santa brought me a doll house”. Another classic Hope moment is when we come home late from one of the Grandparent’s houses. We usually put her in pajamas and the kids often fall asleep on the way home. Hope will go suddenly from a deep sleep to wide awake and frantically exclaim, “Oh no! Mommy! We forgot my (shoes, blanket, dress, bow…whatever she had gone into Grandmas house with) and I always reply, “Honey, its ok. I put it in my diaper bag”. And then she goes back to sleep.

2 comments:

Mary L. said...

I think it's just fine to let the TV babysit when you just have to have a break. And, Sarah, you HAVE to have a break! I did it, but I had something sort of simple on... Mr. Rogers was my favorite (just ask your mil). I thought if they watched Sesame Street they would need to have flashy music, colors, and goofy muppets in front of them to keep their attention. They would never survive school with one person just standing their talking. I still think Sesame Street is to blame for ADHD :). Yep, I'm weird, but again, just ask your mil. Anyway, you are a wonderful mom, wife, and woman. <3 Mary

Mary L. said...

Okay, it's late (2:15 am) I'm bug eyed (again, just ask your mil). Major typo in my last post.... "there" not "their". And to think I had the nerve to homeschool!!!! BTW, I love your blog!