Friday, June 18th, 2010
The shower for Rachel and Christian turned out to be a really fun night. I spent most of the day juggling kids and food preparations and eventually, I am ashamed to admit, just put a movie on for the kids so that I could get everything ready. I am so glad we did the shower with a dinner and couples. The dinner was scrumptious and was followed by Grandma Cox’s homemade Butterfinger ice cream. I asked for a small bowl and then when my bowl was through I ate Jared’s bowl, too. Hope and Bryce were thrilled to go Brody and Sadie’s house for the evening and we enjoyed just having little turtle boy Ethan. We were able to see people that we don’t get to visit with very often and mostly we enjoyed a lot of laughs. The husbands were cracking everyone up. Rachel and Christian got a lot of cute outfits and things for baby Boston that they needed, and it was really a fun night for Jared and I. As always I forgot my camera, so here are some pictures that Linda took.
The particular picture at top was Christian joking around with a sign that said “look what I made” . :) (It actually is used to hang your child’s art projects and creations)
This was a game where a blindfolded spouse fed baby food to his or her counterpart. The one where Christian is cracking up is because the got a good sized spoonful right in the throat and probably was feeling it drip down his shirt. It was fun. They were good sports.
the Couples who attended (except we are missing Linda because she took the pictures):
And the highlight was the beautiful quilt made by Grandma Cox. I am sure that Boston will keep that beautiful blanket forever.
1 comment:
Thank you SO much Sarah! You are so amazing. We really appreciated all you did- and you did a TON for us to put together the shower. It was so much fun and a day that we will remember forever- our first celebration of our first little boy!!! We love you Sarah!!!!
Post a Comment