Friday, July 9th, 2010
We took the kids to Santa Cruz with some of my family. Daddy had been before, but for the rest of our little family it was the first time. We had such an experience! We are so glad that we went. We were so surprised that the kids enjoyed every ride. We had unlimited ride passes and much to our joy the kids loved every ride they experienced. Although Bryce let out a little frustration with getting soaked on the Log ride (thanks to Mommy sliding forward, smashing Hope and causing torrential splashing). Good one Mommy. Despite that, Hope was ready for a second turn on each and every ride. In fact, this being the kids first time with any amusement type ride Hope was almost in hysterics when I tried to explain to her at the end of our first ride (the merry-go-round) that when it stops we have to get off and let others have a turn. We also struggled to explain that we have to wait in line for our turns. Regardless, it was of course challenging to take our high-needs little ones into a wildly loud environment but Hope summed it all up that night in the hotel when she told Daddy, “we had such a fun day!”. For Jared and I it makes it much more worth it.
Things about Friday that I’ll remember-
It is not easy to find a public restroom in Santa Cruz. Hitting the metal device on I-80 and ripping off a portion of our bumper. Awesome. That the I-phone can find you ANYTHING you might want or need….navigation included. Ethan sleeping with Mommy and Daddy, who really didn’t get to sleep. Waking up to find that Bryce was not in bed with Hope. Bryce digging into HOT salsa and turning his ears and face bright red. The kids huge smiles on the rides with Brody and Sadie.
Pictures of Friday, Thanks to Daddy having his I-phone:
This is actually Bryce’s look of terror when he is not sure what is going to happen. While he is carefree and active, he can be very cautious. We knew that he would either love it all or cry.
Hope loved it all! And Bryce did to. He held his one finger out the whole entire ride. Not sure why.
Helicopters. The LOVED this one. Wish I had a picture of Bryce’s smile when the took off, but the girls were all smiles from beginning to end.
Rode this one 3 times at least.
After the log ride.
Cool down period before walking to an ice cream shop. You can’t go on vacation without hitting up at least one ice cream shop!
1 comment:
That sounds awesome! Glad you guys had such a good time and I am sure it makes all the troubles of taking the kids worth it to see those sweet smiles and have them tell you how much they love it!
Post a Comment