Friday, September 10, 2010

sickness….a tender mercy

Today for the first time in months….literally months…..I had a real nap. The kind that you sleep until you want to get up, not the one where you doze off and are abruptly and prematurely awakened by crying. It was so great. No, it was awesome! Better then chocolates or flowers. Hope started school this week and Bryce came down with a little virus all at the same time. So today, right now actually, is the first time in a week that I actually got all the kids to nap at the same time. A few days no one would nap and yet all were crabby. And as life usually goes Hope, Ethan and I came down with the sickness yesterday.  And as a tender mercy to sickness….I am not doing anything today! Thankfully Jared had Golfing scheduled for this morning and was an angel to cancel that and watch the kids so I could take a 2 hour morning nap. And all I had to do was just get sick. Forget winning the lottery, I’d rather get a nap! and maybe a visit from the laundry fairy! Now, I don’t enjoy sickness enough that I am going to start licking sick kids spoons after they eat applesauce, but it sure has been nice to stay in pjs, not do dishes or clean, and enjoy a little slice of the daily pampering that I give others. :)

IMG_2400 Hope feeding Ethan for me. I am sure they enjoyed playing Picasso with the high chair more then eating anything. But she sure is a dolly to help me.

IMG_2401

IMG_2402

IMG_2407

Ethan’s favorite toy. The stairs. We don’t buy anything for the poor lad. And as such a sweetheart he doesn’t even care. He is just happy to see and be with us.

No comments: