Happy Anniversary Mommy and Daddy! This year we were so blessed to have Grandma Christensen (the Grandma with the sea shells as Hope likes to say) come and stay with the kids overnight Thursday so we could do a quick getaway in San Fran. It was…….it is hard to think of the most correct word to describe it………..relaxing, fun, adventurous, reviving, yummy…….awesome! We had a great time. The hotel was nice. We walked probably close to 5 miles over the city that night for dinner, sights, smells, dessert, candy, and just to be able to hold hands. Mommy is a big fan of hand holding. Then after a pretty good nights sleep (turns out the garbage trucks in San Fran run at night and woke me up at 3:30am with the beeping and clanging of the business……). In my half sleep/half irritation I thought that it was construction outside and vowed out loud that I was going to call the front desk right away and demand that half our cost for the one night be refunded to have to be woken up by ruckus! Then I laid back down and went right back to sleep until 7:30am. Not bad. That is sleeping in for us! Friday we toured Filoli estate and Gardens south of San Fran. It was heavenly. I LOVE estates and gardens. And the Gardens were gorgeous. I could have stayed there forever. As soon as afternoon hit we were in our car heading home feeling revived and ready to be with our sweet children again. All thanks to our beloved “Grandma with the sea shells” the kids enjoyed us being gone, had fun, and welcomed us back with smiles, hugs and kisses.
Sampling the delectables…….
Filoli! Built 1917.
The ballroom. The fireplace was at least 6 feet tall and made of Machevelli Marble. The long walls on the sides of the ballroom were murals of Ireland where the owner’s daughter lived. The father was unable to travel to visit her due to strokes so he enlisted an artist to paint her home and land on each side of the room so that he could feel close to her.
Thousands of tulips, flowers, and plants all over the estate. It was one of the most beautiful gardens I have ever been to. Now I am just thinking of how and when we can go back!
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you were able to get away for a while together. Next time, different hotel? Or different night of the week to avoid garbage trucks! :)
Post a Comment