Thursday, June 30, 2011

where to begin?

Well, it feels like a million things have happened since our last update. Firstly, Bryce is completely recovered and doing great. Hooray! And I did take some new pictures of the kids.

IMG_2657IMG_2678

IMG_2702

IMG_2680

IMG_2703

The month of May was so busy it seemed to have ended as soon as it began. We finally upgraded to a bigger car which is thrilling for Daddy (ok, I admit I really like it too). We celebrated Mother’s Day and my birthday together. We stayed home! Which was different for us. But is was nice, just the same. The day after Mother’s Day I turned 30. I hear good things about the 30’s so I welcomed it and felt so loved to hear birthday wishes from more family members then it seems like ever before. For me, that was better than any present I could ever receive. Of course I began to suspect something that day. No, not a present from Jared. Something else. The next morning we took a trip to the pharmacy after taking Hope to Joy School and shocking to us confirmed that we were pregnant. So, on to feeling the challenges that come with the blessing. We always say that we aren’t going to tell anyone until I am 3 months along and then one of us or both of us spill the beans within a day or two. I had gone shopping with Linda and Hope and after having to hold in the news all night long (Jared made me promise not to tell her) I just decided I have to tell someone! As soon as I tell one person Jared gets on the phone and calls all his family and so instantly everyone knows! It’s amazing to me that when you think you can’t do something, inevitably it seems for me, that thing absolutely happens and you are forced to just do it. You just have to muster up your faith, how ever much you can, go to the Savior in prayer and go forward. I did not think this would be me. I thought I was going to plan everything, space the kids to my liking, be under complete control, and now I feel like I just strap in and try to do my best whatever comes. Mostly I mess things up, but I always keep trying.

At the end of May our beautiful Hope graduated from our little preschool. I was glad to see that fun chapter close and happy to do it, but looking forward to a trained teacher next year. In June I headed to the Doctor for the first visit and to see the heartbeat. That is always a special experience. And after some convincing on my part, then wavering on both our parts, we actually took a family trip. That is big for us. We do it maybe once a year and typically its disastrous. But we have been wanting to see Grandma Forman in SLC on her mission and just decided to finally do it.

SLC1

It was great! Of course Bryce refused to cooperate several times and we did miss Ethan who stayed at home, but it was so much fun and for the first time the kids had the chance to bond with Grandma.

SLC4

SLC5

SLC7

SLC2

SLC3

After the trip we came home to our little Ethan who was happy to see us! He is a Grandpa’s boy, but is so happy to be with our family again.

Ethan

On to what we have anticipated for a long time……boating with Grandpa and Grandma Christensen.

Boat

Boat2Boat3

Boat4Boat5

We didn’t catch a fish, but had the best time testing out Grandpa’s new boat.

And then to end the Month of June, Bryce turned 3! He had a party with the Christensen side to enjoy his first pinata and then woke up his birthday morning to a room full of balloons. He was able to sneak away with Grandpa and Grandma Forman to go see the new Cars movie and has loved every card, present, and call to wish him a good day. What a big boy!

BB

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

Life is busy, isn't it? So, what is your official due date?

Stefani Bellows said...

I'll let you know how 4 is. I think we are both crazy!! Congrats!

katie said...

Well, happy birthday I guess! I know 4 kids is hard...I am in the thick of it, but I know you'll be able to handle it. I hope you have an easy pregnancy and get a sister for Hope! Congrats!