Sweet Grandma Cox offered to hold a girls lunch/shower for me. I didn’t want/don’t like showers for myself. But Grandma suggested we just have the girls on both sides of the family come and I was really excited about that. It was really nice. Mom, Jenica, Sadie, Hope and I drove down together. And in my pregnant and forgetful state I passed the business 80 cut off and when I realized it we were headed for the airport! We made some turns and were able to get there with only being 10 minutes late, but I was a bit embarrassed. Linda, Grandma Cox, and Rachel made a really yummy spread and it was so nice and quiet. We started by chatting and drinking herbal tea, then moved to the table to have salads and rolls. Then a selection of pound cakes. Yummmm. And I had thought that we wouldn’t do presents but everyone brought something cute for the baby. The best part was having Hope and the little girls in the family come because they opened the presents for me. I didn’t even have to bend down! Let’s hope this really is a girl…….
No comments:
Post a Comment