My Mom and Dad came to the hospital to be there when Hallee was born. I really wanted my Mom to be in the room as she hasn’t been able to see a Grandchild born yet. She faints with blood. She just about made it, and just as I was about to start pushing she felt queasy and she and Dad decided to take a walk. Just minutes after Hallee was born Mom and Dad came in to see their newest Granddaughter and Mom’s namesake. I only wish I had a picture of them with her. After moving to the recovery room Jared’s parents, who had the kids, brought them to see their new sister. To say Hope was excited is an understatement. She was thrilled, overjoyed, in heaven to meet her beloved sister. For weeks she had prayed that Hallee would know and like her when she was born and to please come out of Mommy’s tummy soon.
Ethan came, too, but didn’t hold Hallee. It was getting close to their bedtime and they wanted to only stay a few minutes so I could rest. On the way to Grandma and Grandpa’s house afterwards Linda said Hope began crying in the back seat of the car. Linda asked her if she missed her Mommy and Daddy. She said, “No, Hallee is so cute it just makes me start crying.” Open arms and love from a sister and brothers!
1 comment:
Oh that picture of Hope and Hallee just melts my heart. Hallee is one lucky girl to have such a wonderful, loving big sister to take care of her.
Post a Comment