Sunday, April 1, 2012

Four Generations

p14p15p16

It had been several months since I had last visited Grandma Dudley, but we finally took Hallee to see her. Not only is the fuzzy picture 4 generations on our family tree, but we are all given the same middle name. Margaret Jean Dudley, Rebecca Jean Christensen, Sarah Jean Forman, and Hallee Jean Forman. Grandma’s health continues to deteriorate. She is confined to a wheelchair and has only brief moments when she says words you can understand. When she looks at me she has a confused look as if I am familiar but she can’t remember quite how she knows me. But she always loves a baby. Grandma held Hallee most of the time she was there and Hallee was sweet to just sleep like an angel. Grandma used to tell me that she wanted to live long enough to see me have a baby. That was when I was pregnant with Hope. Now I have four babies. She isn’t in a good enough mental state to process that, but she has seen them. It’ll be a happy day in the next life when, I hope, they can really get to know her.

No comments: