Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hope's Favorite Things

I have been thinking about what Hope really loves and I think I have come up with Hope's 5 favorite things. (list in random order)

1) Shoes! Hope loves shoes. She learned this week how to put them on and wears a pair all day. If you take them off she finds another pair. Further, she loves to step all over us in shoes. It especially drives Daddy crazy. Shoes is one of the first words Hope learned and I think she associates it with going outside so she is always putting them on I think in hopes that I will open the doors and let her run free. We finally took all her shoes, put them in a bucket, and stuffed them up in the hall closet because she constantly obsessing over having shoes on all day. We have decided no shoes in the house for Hope.

2) Going outside! As with most children, Bryce included, she loves outdoors. Even if it is 105 degrees she wants to be outside exploring. She loves the little park close to our house and to explore the nature trail for animals and rocks. This summer she has decided she also loves swimming and will jump off the edge into the water (as long as a familiar face is there to catch her, of course). Last night Jared went running and we waited outside for him to come back because the night was so nice. She was looking ragged with hair sticking up, no shirt, and a messy face. She took off after him with her little arms tucked in, head down, and booty shaking! Because I had Bryce in my arms I couldn't catch her until she was half way around the block and slowed down by her shoe falling off.

3) Fruit Snacks! It is common with toddlers to be unpredictable when it comes to eating. She may eat something one day and then refuse it the next day. However, this tyke will always eat fruit snacks. She reaches for the cubbard they are in and whines for them often. She would gladly eat several packs a day if the opportunity presented itself, and we have learned that we do not attempt church without them.

4) Books. Hope loves books and loves to read. From the time she turned 1 year old she would grab books and sit in anyone's lap who would read to her. She loves to see the pictures, hear the sounds, point to familiar objects, and learn. You should see her at the Library, it is comparable to a kid in the candy store.

5) Her family! From Hope's very first moments in life she has been surrounded by loving family. She thinks every time the doorbell rings that Grandma is there and is very concerned if we don't run to get the door. She loves her Aunts and Uncles as they have been so sweet to play with her and babysit her. Her Grandpa's hold her, take her outside, and have been known to slip her some candy and treats when no one is watching. She loves Mommy and can't get enough of Bryce......but her favorite person in the world is Daddy. Boy does she have a great Daddy and she is his sidekick from the time he gets home to the time he leaves! There is nothing better in life then for a child to feel secure in a loving family. She loves her family so much.





I believe that concludes the list and as for Bryce's favorite things........well.........the list is in progress but I do believe that his family will be on his list of favorite things as well.

No comments: