Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Mary- the project

I read in the Parent Magazine about a Mom who takes pictures of her kids holding a homemade birthday sign for their family members and then emails it to the special birthday girl or boy. My sister Mary is turning 21 on Monday and I wanted to try to do this for her. It didn't work at all. The following is what happened........
First Hope held the sign and Bryce took a massive hold of her hair.
The sign then was smashed onto Bryce's head by an angry little girl.
I tried to take a picture of just Bryce with the sign but he wouldn't smile and the sign was difficult to read.
He then decided to eat it as I will admit it was a nice looking sign.....scrumptious.........
This is Hope after I bribed her with a Jelly Bean to come and hold the sign and take a picture with Bryce. She said, "No!" and shut the door on me. The end. No one holds the sign. It has a bite taken out of it by Bryce and he was going for it again as I took this picture. We still love Mary forever and hope she has a very happy birthday! As for making more signs and sending them by email to our family for their birthdays?????? I have two kids crying and all over me......a decent headache........have not started dinner.......and unfortunately Daddy is coming home late tonight.
As hard as it was we love our family so much and I think we'll try it again. I am sorry that it didn't work this time, but we'll keep trying. Happy 21rst Birthday Mary!


















2 comments:

Jamie and Preston said...

Mary 21...I protest!

Mary Christiansen said...

Oh that is the best present I could have ever gotten! I was laughing so hard! I'm sorry it didn't work out as planned, but I absolutely loved it! Thank you so much!