Thursday, March 19, 2009
Crawling & Teethies
I am guilty of one of the worst parenting offenses.....comparing your children! I keep expecting Bryce to follow the same growth and development timeline as Hope. It is just silly to compare when they are polar opposites in personality, size, and they are also different sexes. I have been anxious for Bryce to crawl (as Hope crawled by 7 months) and just this week (he is almost 9 months) he is starting to get it. He mostly scoots and does a strange form of tucking his right leg under his belly, but he makes it work. It has been great. He can move around, check out his world, get some exercise, play with Hope, etc. I kept trying to lure him to crawl with toys or other things to get him going. Then one night I put him in his room and ran into my room to change into pajamas. It was night and only a few lights were on. I came back and stood at the end of the hall. Wouldn't you know it he started crawling to get to me. :) My heart melted as I realized that I was more motivation to crawl then a toy. Jared, Hope, and I feel SO BLESSED to have him in our family. We love him! He lights up our life with his smile, his giggle, and just being his gentile self. He is also sporting two bottom teeth. The only picture that I captured of the teethies is a little bit blurry, but it was fun making Bryce giggle in attempt to get a good picture.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's amazing how different each child can be. I think all mothers have dealt with comparisons at some point, in one area or another. I definitely have done the same thing, and it's nice when you have that moment where you realize that it really doesn't matter and that each child is so unique and great in their own way. Bryce is such a cute little guy!
Your family is beautiful! Im expecting my first in September! Crazy eh? How are you doing?
Post a Comment