Saturday, July 18, 2009

Northstar at Tahoe

Wednesday, July 15th - Saturday, July 18th

We took a trip with the Formans to Northstar at Tahoe. It was fantastic! As I layed in bed on the last night I couldn't help but wish that we had another few days to stay and play. :) While Lincoln was a sweltering 100+ in temperature, we were having fun in the mellow 80 degrees. It was a treat. Here are some pictures and commentary of our fun adventures:
My only wish was to take a hike so all the boys and I took the gondola up the mountain and then hiked to the top. This is a picture of Joe trying to run away from a pesky bee that would not leave him alone. I wish I could have caught a picture of him swatting at it and dancing around.
All the boys at the top, wishing that Daniel was was there with us. In Dan's honor the boys did "the bent thumb thing". (a Forman thing)
Sweethearts at the top. Not too bad for 18 weeks pregnant.
The view.
The boys. Here is the thing about hiking with the boys: there is lots of gas, lots of teasing, lots of laughs, and lots of unscheduled bathroom breaks in trees along the way. They, however, were very sweet and attentive to me and ready to help push and pull me up to the top, if necessary.
When we just arrived. The kids were so good. With only a few minor meltdowns by Bryce we felt that the trip was a great success.
Outside the Condo was a village full of shops and activities. There were two toy stores with sandboxes out front for the kids to play in. The toy store supplied toys in the boxes for the kids to play with, as well. Very nice marketing, I'd say.
Brycie Boy, as Hope says.Hope really enjoyed being near Savannah and got to hold her. She was really good with her. I am feeling like she might be helpful with the new baby in a few months. I later asked her if she wanted to hold Savannah again and she said, "No. She is too heavy."
The highlight of the trip. A cruise around the north shore of the lake in a beautiful boat made of mahogany.
Kids and Papa. They were not too happy about the life vests.
Hope really did love the boat ride. I think her life vest was just a bit big and uncomfortable.
My dream home. Gorgeous.
All of us cruising beautiful Lake Tahoe. By this time Bryce was beyond repair. A missed nap and random feedings had put him into constant fit throwing.

Ah.....the 12 month to 18 month stage when they hate being confined in any way, shape, or form. :) What has happened to our sweet boy?!?

No comments: