How does a person with three small children describe life? There just isn't one word that encompasses what this time period is like. It is everything in one. The day moves so quickly from happy, fun, to trying, challenging, crying, then laughter, joy, peace, ruckus, followed by a round of exhaustion, mess, etc. At the end of the day I feel grateful to have children, often afraid to close my eyes for prayer in that I'll fall asleep, and occasionally I fear going to sleep because then tomorrow we start it all over again! Stimulating. Perhaps the word to describe this period of life is stimulating! We are all learning and growing so much. We are permanently exhausted and yet I wouldn't trade these beauties for anything in the world.
Monday, January 18, 2010
How do you describe life?
Monday, January 18th, 2010
How does a person with three small children describe life? There just isn't one word that encompasses what this time period is like. It is everything in one. The day moves so quickly from happy, fun, to trying, challenging, crying, then laughter, joy, peace, ruckus, followed by a round of exhaustion, mess, etc. At the end of the day I feel grateful to have children, often afraid to close my eyes for prayer in that I'll fall asleep, and occasionally I fear going to sleep because then tomorrow we start it all over again! Stimulating. Perhaps the word to describe this period of life is stimulating! We are all learning and growing so much. We are permanently exhausted and yet I wouldn't trade these beauties for anything in the world.

How does a person with three small children describe life? There just isn't one word that encompasses what this time period is like. It is everything in one. The day moves so quickly from happy, fun, to trying, challenging, crying, then laughter, joy, peace, ruckus, followed by a round of exhaustion, mess, etc. At the end of the day I feel grateful to have children, often afraid to close my eyes for prayer in that I'll fall asleep, and occasionally I fear going to sleep because then tomorrow we start it all over again! Stimulating. Perhaps the word to describe this period of life is stimulating! We are all learning and growing so much. We are permanently exhausted and yet I wouldn't trade these beauties for anything in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You have to cutest kids! And I know exactly how you feel. 3 under 3 is exhausting!
Post a Comment