Monday, March 16, 2009

Momma......Buddy up?

Oh the funny little things that two year olds begin to do. When Bryce takes his morning nap I have to often quarantine Hope in my room with me or she will prematurely wake him up. She gets so excited for him to be awake that she throws open his door and says, "Hey Buddy!". The quarantine began when she started to quietly disappear, a minute later I heard baby crying, and a few seconds later she would reappear yelling, "Momma, Buddy up!!! Momma! Buddy UP!!!!!" That is usually when I sigh and quietly say, "thank you Hope". Now she constantly asks me in the morning or during nap time, "Momma, Buddy up?" I try to let her help me in little ways with him because she loves anything that has to do with Bryce. This particular morning I heard Bryce crying and let Hope out of my room with the instructions to go comfort Bryce because I needed two more minutes to finish something. She smiled and ran in saying, "its ok, buddy, its ok". She dumped out as many toys into the crib as she could manage and proceeded to climb in and play with him until I arrived. It warms my heart to see Hope and Bryce playing together and loving each other.

2 comments:

Jamie and Preston said...

Sarah that is so sweet! It must be such a joy to see the bonds that are growing between them!

Megan said...

They are too cute! Dylan used to do the same thing when Emma was a baby! Although he would wait until she was awake before he charged into her room and dumped all the toys in her crib:) It's moments like this that just melt your heart!