Jared's office was closed for the 4th of July holiday so we decided spontaneously to take the kids to the zoo. We actually had been planning to take them at some point during the summer and the weather was really good this Friday so that morning we decided to go. We quickly got ready, packed a lunch, and headed out. I was at happy as a kid on Christmas morning. I cherish the activities we do as a little family.
The weather was great, cost was minimal, and we really enjoyed ourselves. Sacramento zoo is pretty small so we got in and out within 90 minutes. For our little ones, considering the drive to get there, that was just the right amount of time. There is a nice park just next to the zoo so it was fun to lay a blanket out and eat some lunch while we talked about the squirrels and the things we saw. To my surprise Bryce even stayed on the blanket, instead of scooting all over the place and getting filthy. We then enjoyed a nice, quiet, silent drive home while the kids slept. I often feel that the peaceful drive home is such a reward for taking the kids out to do fun activities. :)
1 comment:
Looks like a fun afternoon. And I agree with you...one of my favorite parts about day trips with the kids is the peaceful, quiet ride home when they're all asleep & you can spend time talking together. :)
Post a Comment