This year we had no intentions of participating in Halloween events. Hope's first Halloween I dressed her up in a cute outfit and got her all ready to help me give candy out, and then we had only one trick-or-treater and lots of leftover candy for Mommy & Daddy to eat. Last year I went to the dollar tree, got her some fairy wings, made her a tutu and then I was totally deflated when she wouldn't wear them to our Ward trunk-or-treat. In fact, we left early and I gave my candy to someone else to give out. This year Daddy didn't feel like going to the ward party, and I didn't think we'd dress the kids up, but between Halloween books and the candy displays at stores Hope was all about Halloween this year. I had learned my lesson last year and opted to just put Bryce in a Halloween shirt, but we resurrected last years costume with a few more dollar tree items and Hope was a happy, delighted Fairy Princess this year. She was so cute and so excited to dress up. We went to Grandma and Grandpa Forman's ward party and they had a great time. Bryce sat in the trunk with me and ate skittles while the kids came by to get candy. In fact, I attempted to sit in the trunk and got stuck! (It was a deeper trunk then I had thought it was, and I am 6 weeks from my due date) Hope went around once with Daddy, and was done, but I am so glad that we put the effort into it. It was a good experience for them....Halloween doesn't have to be dark and scary!
Monday, November 2, 2009
Halloween........
Saturday, October 31, 2009
This year we had no intentions of participating in Halloween events. Hope's first Halloween I dressed her up in a cute outfit and got her all ready to help me give candy out, and then we had only one trick-or-treater and lots of leftover candy for Mommy & Daddy to eat. Last year I went to the dollar tree, got her some fairy wings, made her a tutu and then I was totally deflated when she wouldn't wear them to our Ward trunk-or-treat. In fact, we left early and I gave my candy to someone else to give out. This year Daddy didn't feel like going to the ward party, and I didn't think we'd dress the kids up, but between Halloween books and the candy displays at stores Hope was all about Halloween this year. I had learned my lesson last year and opted to just put Bryce in a Halloween shirt, but we resurrected last years costume with a few more dollar tree items and Hope was a happy, delighted Fairy Princess this year. She was so cute and so excited to dress up. We went to Grandma and Grandpa Forman's ward party and they had a great time. Bryce sat in the trunk with me and ate skittles while the kids came by to get candy. In fact, I attempted to sit in the trunk and got stuck! (It was a deeper trunk then I had thought it was, and I am 6 weeks from my due date) Hope went around once with Daddy, and was done, but I am so glad that we put the effort into it. It was a good experience for them....Halloween doesn't have to be dark and scary!

This year we had no intentions of participating in Halloween events. Hope's first Halloween I dressed her up in a cute outfit and got her all ready to help me give candy out, and then we had only one trick-or-treater and lots of leftover candy for Mommy & Daddy to eat. Last year I went to the dollar tree, got her some fairy wings, made her a tutu and then I was totally deflated when she wouldn't wear them to our Ward trunk-or-treat. In fact, we left early and I gave my candy to someone else to give out. This year Daddy didn't feel like going to the ward party, and I didn't think we'd dress the kids up, but between Halloween books and the candy displays at stores Hope was all about Halloween this year. I had learned my lesson last year and opted to just put Bryce in a Halloween shirt, but we resurrected last years costume with a few more dollar tree items and Hope was a happy, delighted Fairy Princess this year. She was so cute and so excited to dress up. We went to Grandma and Grandpa Forman's ward party and they had a great time. Bryce sat in the trunk with me and ate skittles while the kids came by to get candy. In fact, I attempted to sit in the trunk and got stuck! (It was a deeper trunk then I had thought it was, and I am 6 weeks from my due date) Hope went around once with Daddy, and was done, but I am so glad that we put the effort into it. It was a good experience for them....Halloween doesn't have to be dark and scary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Both your kids look adorable! It's so fun when they start to get old enough that they actually 'get' and enjoy Halloween. Just wait until they get even older. Glad you had a fun holiday!
Post a Comment