I have to record this before I forget. In the words of Flynn Rider, Bryce had “kind of an off day today”. In the morning he picked all the petals off the flowers in one of our flower pots outside. He played with the hose, amidst several admonitions from Mommy to stop, hosing not just the door and family members but ended up covering himself in mud. (see below) He squirted gogurt on himself, me, the floor, counters. Then refused to nap while tired, and then splashed water all over our bathroom floor and walls. He cried during dinner about not wanting to eat and just as we were all finished he decided he liked it and would eat it. Took a toy and scratched up Ethan’s tummy and face, and ran around wildly fighting us about brushing teeth, scriptures, and bedtime.
But then as everyone left and I talked with him before bed he sent my heart into mushy lovey-ness. It all started with him telling me a story that went kind of like this:
Bryce: …..Joe……chocolate milk…….Grandma…….store…..juice……alligator…….bit Grandma……..elephant…..Joe…..(elephant sounds)……(giggles)……next day….next night…….(giggles)……….Joe………(oh, it was so cute and I am already forgetting it!)
Mommy: Bryce, close your eyes and dream about all these wonderful stories because it is time to go to sleep. I love you!!
Bryce: I love you EVEN MORE!
Mommy: Goodnight!
Bryce: Sleep tight!
Oh how different this day has ended since it began. And how awesome it is at the end of a day to have a Brycie-Boy to love!
No comments:
Post a Comment